ESA students live off-campus. Angers is a town that hosts 42,000 students every year. You will easily find somewhere to live in our area:
- in ESA’s Oxford residence hall (see below),
- in university student halls of residence (watch out for application deadlines) or in private student residence halls,
- in hostels for students or young workers,
- via private owners: consult Internet websites or useful addresses,
- in flats managed by low-rental housing services (HLM).
Oxford residence hall has 80 furnished bed-sits, located close to the campus.
– They have a kitchenette (fridge, electric hob, cupboards).
– They are furnished (bed, desk, various storage areas).
– Each has a shower room (toilet, wash hand basin, shower).
37-39 rue de la Morellerie, Angers (49), 10 min on foot from ESA:
- Security guards, bicycle storage, laundry, secure parking.
- Rent: €380/month, heating included. If you have APL (Personalised Housing Aid) or an ALS (Social Housing Allowance) from €120 to €170/month.
Contact : Agence SERGIC – 5 Place Lorraine à Angers – Tél. 02.41.18.22.16 – www.sergic.com
Places to eat
There is a cafeteria at ESA student foyer where you can eat for the price of a university meal voucher. Numerous places where you can eat or buy food are found close to ESA (bakery, brasserie, supermarket).
Angers has 2 university restaurants and 3 cafeterias that all students may use upon presentation of a student card or a school attendance certificate.
Opening hours: from Monday to Friday from 9am to 4pm – vouchers on sale on the site: €3.25.
75% of ESA students cycle or walk to the campus.
ESA has launched a campaign with other establishments in the area to reduce car traffic and promote “alternative” means of transport: bus, bicycle and walking. It is organised by students and members of staff.
10 – 15 min from the centre of town and the train station
600 places for bicycles (455 in covered garages and 145 open air) – Bicycle repairs at prices subsidised by the establishment on the ESA site.
AUDA (Association Universitaire pour le Développement et l’Avenir) – This association offers bicycles free of charge to students during the school year (€300 deposit not cashed except in the event of theft or damage).
Contact : AUDA – 11 Boulevard Lavoisier, 49000 Angers – 02 41 22 64 09 – firstname.lastname@example.org
VéloCité – The town of Angers lends a bicycle (minimum one week, maximum three months – contract may be renewed four times) to people who are residents or working in Angers.
Contact : VéloCité – 6 rue de la gare, 49000 Angers – 02 41 18 13 21 – email@example.com
Ligne 3 Avrillé Adézière / Salette <> Mûrs-Erigné – ESA stop
Line A tram nearby (Strasbourg stop 300m from the school)
Contact : IRIGO – Place Lorraine, 49000 Angers – 02 41 33 64 64
ESA is 10-15 min on foot from the train station
Pays de la Loire regional train season ticket (TER- Pays-de-la-Loire) : More information