Research at ESA is based on three points: Research-Training-Innovation
Valorisation of regional produce
ESA encourages multidisciplinary research with partners within five specialised units:
- UMR BAGAP – Biodiversity, Agroecology and Landscape Management Research Unit
- USC GRAPPE – Agro-Industry on Products and Processes
- LARESS – Social Sciences Research Unit
- USC LEVA – Legumes, Crop Ecophysiology, Agroecology
- USC URSE – Livestock Systems Research Unit
Each research unit supports the development of innovation through socio-economic actors, study contracts, service and consultancy. Teams of lecturer-researchers, doctoral students, engineers and technicians bring real answers, through systemic and cross-cutting analytical skills and active participation in scientific and professional networks and competitiveness clusters, such as VEGEPOLYS and VALORIAL.
As a member of the University of Brittany Loire, ESA is strengthening its national and regional scientific partnerships ( notably with INRAE) with other universities, schools and research institutes in France and Europe.
Our research helps to maintain and develop the scientific significance of the school, supporting and strengthening the quality of our educational programmes.
Director of Research and Development
+33 2 41 23 56 46 | +33 6 99 01 39 15