Studying a semester abroad
This experience meets several objectives :
- Completing one’s knowledge by integrating the specificities of local agricultures
- Learning about other ways of thinking, studying and working and to understand the socio-economic and cultural realities of the host country (intercultural dimension)
- Mastering a foreign language
- Gaining in skills, adaptability and autonomy
Master of science in engineering
In the “Ingénieur” programme, this mobility takes place in the 4th year. Students will also have the opportunity to go abroad as early as the 3rd year (second semester). A rigorous information and application procedure has been put in place to allow students to apply, the year before their departure, for three universities of their choice. Although optional, this semester of study represents one of the possible ways to meet the requirement of a compulsory semester abroad in the “Ingénieur” curriculum.
Students who wish to do so can also embark on a dual degree program (Chile, Brazil, Argentina, the Netherlands, etc.) which will require them to spend two to three semesters abroad.
- Students in the Bachelor’s programme in Agroecology and Food Systems are required to go on an academic exchange during their fourth semester of study. They are hosted at the AERES University of Applied Sciences in Dronten, the Netherlands.
- The “Licence” programme (Bachelor level) offers three international dual degree courses: Bachelor Plant Production, Bachelor International Trade and marketing of terroir wines
The first semester is taken at the AERES University of Applied Sciences, in Dronten, the Netherlands, the second at ESA. At the end of the course, students receive the French “Licence” and the Dutch Bachelor.
Since 2012, ESA is the only institution in the Pays de la Loire to offer the BTS Technico-commercial in 4 semesters. The semester system allows students to obtain ECTS (European Credit Transfer System) credits and gives them the opportunity to do a semester of Erasmus mobility at the University of Maribor in Slovenia.