Sport at ESA
– The ESA Sports Association offers many different types of sports for everybody: soccer, volley ball, basketball, badminton. Other sports may also be played depending on the demand from students. Training takes place during the week in a spirit of camaraderie and with a view to having a good time!
The Sports Association (AS) also offers its members the chance to participate in major university tournaments in all types of sports: petanque, archery, athletics, tennis, horse riding, etc.
Several half days of rock climbing, canoeing and hiking are organised when the weather is good. It is an opportunity to spend time with friends in a sporting and recreational context.
AS is also involved in several events:
- the BREI tournaments: sporting tournaments bringing together the students from the Angevin “Grandes Ecoles”;
- the AS evening: to celebrate the awarding of diplomas with your oldest sponsors;
- the Inter-ESA: a sports tournament in which students from the various ESA programmes face each other in different sports; and
- the Ovalies: the biggest European university rugby tournament at LaSalle Beauvais.
Become a member of the Sports Association and live a really enjoyable year full of energy and sports!
– ESAquatiques : Water sports at Angers? It’s possible in the Maine! The ESA rowing club participates in university competitions and in three training sessions per week at the Angers rowing centre. It is also possible to do paddle boarding, kayaking or sailing on Maine Lake. Every May, ESAquatiques organises its traditional weekend at the sea to go surfing and catamaraning; and discover other water sports in a festive atmosphere with evenings on the beach.
– Riding Club : ESAcheval is open to all, whether a seasoned rider or you simply want to find out more about riding. In addition, jumping and dressage courses are available for experienced riders at a stable in Avrillé (15 min by car). Pony trekking is also open to everyone and lets you enjoy nature and the outdoors. And to top it off, there is an equestrian event during the year! Numerous outings are organised, such as: the Angers horse show, the Angers “Mondial du lion”, the “Cadre Noir” of Saumur, etc.
Angers, a sports town
Angers is more than 150 clubs, 5 swimming pools, an ice rink, a skate park, 47 sports grounds, 15 athletic tracks, 69 gymnasiums, 54 tennis courts, a velodrome, a rowing centre, a golf course, an archery range, etc. The town has been selected to host major sports events, such as the national swimming or athletic championships.
The A’tout card, with its different flat-rates, offers you preferential access to five swimming pools, the ice rink, to the Sunday Sports Days (Dimanche en baskets) and Midi Bad’ (badminton and table tennis), as well as many other municipal sports facilities and activities.
“Tout Angers Bouge” is a sports day for the family that takes place every year and is open to all the residents of Angers. For more information