Develop your international business
Looking to expand your position in the world? ESA’s international cachet can be a real asset when it comes to developing your international activities.
ESA and France Agro 3 (Federation of four agricultural, agri-food and environmental engineering schools) are firmly established in countries that are major players in agri-food trade of tomorrow, such as Brazil, China and Russia.
- Intercultural and human resource training in an international context:
ESA has the skills and know-how to train teams in intercultural issues and in how to prepare executives for working abroad and people from abroad for working in France. We can apply our expertise in human resources in an international context (expatriation, international volunteer work programme (VIE), recruitment interviews, the strategies to choose when expanding abroad, etc.).
Recruit international staff
ESA has had a strong, intentional international policy for more than 20 years. Its various programmes enable executives from all over the world to be recruited and trained for your international subsidiaries.
- I2FA: Foreign students in apprenticeship training
We select qualified students with you, in their country of origin, and train them with you in work-study programmes for two years. At the end of the training period, the engineers are perfectly bilingual in French, bicultural, familiar with your corporate culture and ready to put their expertise to work for you in their country of origin.
Since the creation of I²FA in 2001, 157 apprentices of 37 different nationalities have obtained their diplomas with 34 French companies. 70% are still working on the distant industrial sites of the companies that financed their training.
- Our pool of international candidates with a secondary school diploma +3 to 5 years of third-level education:
Thanks to our professional degrees: MVT (Marketing and international trade in terroir wines) and our international masters (FOOD IDENTITY, INTERNATIONAL VINTAGE and INTERNATIONAL AGRIBUSINESS), we have created and maintained an important pool of international candidates from all over the world.
- X students have been awarded the MVT professional degree and x students are currently in training.
- Since 2009, 105 students of 53 different nationalities have already obtained a Master in Food Identity with a specialisation in terroir food products.
- Since 2003, 248 students of 44 different nationalities have already been awarded the Masters in International Vintage, specialising in the wine industry.
- 53 students of 15 different nationalities have been awarded Masters in Science in International Agribusiness with a specialisation in international markets for agricultural and food products.
Define your needs
Each year, many companies draw on ESA’s international expertise and skills in analysing agricultural and agri-food markets.
- ESA’s engineering and Agricadre students at your service:
Your business can rely on the international marketing work of student engineers in their final year when making its strategic business decisions.
There are two periods in which your needs can be met:
- from September to December:the student-engineers carry out studies ordered by companies or international economics institutes; and
- from January to June : the engineer internship of 6 to 8 months allows companies to suggest a specific topic for the student’s final dissertation able to support the company in its commercial and strategic decisions.
- Preliminary market study
We can mobilise for you a small group of students, supervised by our teaching team, for a relatively short period. They can work on:
- the value, structure and dynamics of a market;,
- study of a sector;
- the profile of consumers, etc.
- the competitive position of the company;
- the methods of distribution of a product;
- the image of a product or a service;
- the promotion of a product or a service;
- Strategic studies
We can mobilise for you the whole year of students, divided into several groups for a longer period (given a longer period of notice).
These studies can also result in one or more internships at the end of engineering studies on the basis of the initial results obtained.
- Some examples of projects carried out:
- Analyses of competition in wheat production have been carried out in more than 30 countries;
- Egypt: the fruit and vegetable sector and its development at five years;
- France/Germany: market opportunities in cold meats for Muslim consumers;
- France/Great Britain: The fresh carrot market: what is new on the market, trends and opportunities? Which new products and innovation strategy?
- What are the opportunities for powdered dairy ingredients in Europe in the cheese sector?
- Czech Republic: study of the market for fodder and maize seeds; and
- Algeria: Rayeb and L’ben types of fermented milk on the market: Potential, recommendations for inputs and the implications for the company.e